AISI 316L stainless steel candle filters and porous tubes
AmesPore® candle filters and porous tubes are long, cylindrical filters with thin walls, i.e. they have a high length-to-diameter ratio.
The material used for these filters is AISI 316L stainless steel. They are made by isostatic compaction of powder in a flexible mould with the negative shape of the part, and then sintered. The pore size is adjusted by changing the compaction pressure and/or the particle size of the powder.
|Sintered austenitic AISI 316L
C: < 0,03%
Others: 2% max.
|Suitable for strongly oxidizing environments.
Suitable for contact with food or sanitary water Maximum working temperature:
600°C in an oxidizing atmosphere, 850°C in a reducing atmosphere. Coefficient of linear expansion: ≈ 12·10-6 K-1
|Grade1||TotalPorosity (%)||Pore Size (μm)2||Filtering Efficiency4(T=98%) (μm)||Permeability5||Ring Tensile Strength(MPa)|
|Average||Maximum3||Air||Water||Viscous Ψv (10-12m2) (laminar term)||Inertial Ψi (10-6m) (turbulent term)|
- Intermediate grades can be manufactured on demand.
- Measured with a porometer.
- Equivalent to the bubble point, determined in-out according to the ISO 4003:1977 standard at a continous flow of 5ml/min.
- Determined by a single pass at 0.01 m/s with a 2mm thick sample.
- Measured according to the ISO 4022:2018 standard under the following conditions: pressure slope 250 s/bar, maximum pressure difference 1.5 bar, maximum flow 3.3 l/s.
- Candle filters manufactured with this grade require a minimum wall thickness of 4mm.
Air pressure loss
Water pressure loss
Would you need any information about stainless steel 316L filters ?
AMES can create specific solutions of shapes, materials and performance in which the porosity of the sintered product is tailored to the applications.
Please, contact us and we will answer you as soon as possible.